To help protect the health of everyone in our community we are temporarily changing the way we run The Bike Station.
The Bike Station will remain OPEN for the or the sale of refurbished bikes and accessories. Please note the adjusted shop hours below.
Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am-4.30pm for bike sales and some repairs
We will be changing how we do things to make sure our team and our communities stay safe AND so you can still cycle home an affordable quality refurbished bike.
Please read all the information below to understand how we operate at the moment. If you’d like to buy a bike we’d like to make sure it is as safe and still an enjoyable experience as possible!
Coming to the shop
Firstly, if you are feeling under the weather please stay at home.
- Our Opening hours are: Saturday 10am-4.30pm for bike sales and some repairs. Please note that the door will be locked, so please knock.
- Waiting outside? – Please queue 2 metres apart, we have some tyres which are spaced out to stand in.
- We will allow 1 customer in the shop at a time, and to help ensure everyone gets a look, we will let you stay for a maximum of 10 minutes.
For the time being there will be no test rides however the usual 3 month warranty remains.
- To help us manage keeping things clean – please do not handle things unnecessarily in the shop.
- There are no FYOB sessions.
Card payments only. We will clean the machine each time, or if you see a bike on our social media you can pay by bank transfer and collect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the bike and arrange the payment.
You can still book in a minor repair. Please phone us on 0131 668 1967 to book/arrange the repair service. It may take us a little longer than usual.
We are still doing minor repairs on the spot on Saturdays, but please wait outside until it’s finished and the mechanic will let you know when to come in.
We will clean your bike when it’s received and when it’s handed back.